Draft analyst says Patriots Day 2 picks were both reaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft analyst says Patriots Day 2 picks were both reaches

The New England Patriots ended the second day of the 2024 NFL draft having selected and De facto general manager Eliot Wolf and company addre sed the team's two biggest needs Fred Johnson Jersey after However, the Patriots are already being questioned for the players they chose in the second and third rounds.ESPN's NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. put together as well as a list of teams that made questionable picks and reaches. That latter section is where New England fell.Here's what Kiper wrote:"Here are the available wide receivers I had ranked above Polk when the Patriots selected him:Adonai Mitchell,Malachi Corley,Roman Wilson,Troy Franklinand Polk's college teammate,Jalen Clay Johnston Jersey McMillan. I thought Polk was more likely to go near the end of Round 2. Sure, the Patriots had to get some help forDrake Maye, but Polk is not a burner and he thrived on contested catches last season, Clark Harris Jersey which can be a risky profile. This was just a little high based on my board, where I have him No. 74 overall.I didn't love the value for Wallace, either. I saw him as more of a mid-Day 3 pick. He's No. 154 in my rankings. He will compete for time at right tackle, but he gave up too many pre sures for my liking."The questions are fair. Most draft NFL Cincinnati Bengals Jersey experts and analysts considered other players at New England's positions of need as better prospects.We won't actually know if the Patriots made the right choices until they get to work Brandon Allen Jersey on the field, but it does feel like they pa sed over some talented prospects who could've helped this offense make a larger leap in 2024.
Working...
X